Players saw Bear With Me as an interesting game project
, so they first supported it on the Square Enix platform to showcase and support independent projects, and then got enough votes to get the green light on Steam.
Amber is the heroine of the game, a smart ten-year-old girl, and she is accompanied by Detective Ted E.Bear, two characters who get along by exchanging dialogues full of references to games and film works, etc. Jokes that are not always of a high level appear. Amber wakes up in her home when her brother disappears and begins the search for him after enlisting the services of her old friend, Detective Ted. This is a parallel to the chaos in Paper City and the appearance of the character Red Man is related to this chaos and in some ways to the character Amber. The story is simple and seems aimed at children, if it had not tried to be dark and take advantage of what a small child can imagine by giving life to his rag dolls.
FYI, the story is incomplete and we only have the first episode. The events are told through scenes drawn in the style of comics and even if there are some ambiguities, the level of writing remains weak. The story has elements that make it interesting and we hope that it is exploited. Right in the sequel.
The game is a traditional point and click game
. Clicking on things opens two icons, sometimes one. One of them is used to receive a comment from one of the two characters and the other is used to interact with them if possible. The comments you receive are often sarcastic and entertaining, without any particular level of writing. The nice thing is that the two characters sometimes break the fourth wall, and if you don’t know about this matter, then that’s what happens when the character interacts with you as if he knew he was in the game is located, similar to the character DeadPool, who in his comic stories sometimes talks to the reader to better understand the matter, one of the comments in the game, the character Ted I misread the script, so I apologized for that. When I clicked on something in the area, Ted commented that he didn’t know what the artist had drawn.
The game is very simple and I call it a tool assembly game because you collect tools, combine them together and use them in the right place. In reality, everything is clear and the places are tight, and there is not much in the environment to interact with, and if you get lost, clicking on Ted will give you clear clues to solve the problem. Riddles, if we can call them riddles.
There are only a few characters in the game, and if you want to know their number, there are 5 characters besides Amber and Ted. You can talk to them, choose the questions you want to ask them and that’s all.
The graphics in the game are two-dimensional
, with an effect reminiscent of crime and investigation films (Film Noir). The designs are simple and there is unfortunately no uniqueness in any of the designs, and Ted, with his sharp and strong voice, is perhaps the most interesting character on all levels. The events in the first episode take place in a small location and there is not much to talk about, and since the game is unable to excel at the level of graphics, it was difficult for it to excel at the level of sounds to stand out The voice performance is not bad and each character has a worthy voice actor, but the performance remains weak. And without a soul, because all the characters in the game are very quiet and speak at the same pace and tone. Otherwise I can’t tell you anything.
Bear With Me is a game by an ambitious independent team. You can feel the limited resources given what it wants to offer, and the division of the game into episodes makes it seem short, taking you about an hour and a half to about an hour and a half. The plot lasts two hours and doesn’t progress far enough in the story to making it interesting, but rather is about all the time it presents you as a player with the same events from more than one perspective.
Pros of Bear With Me PC Game
1. Unique Characters: Bear With Me features interesting and unique characters like Amber, a smart ten-year-old girl, and Detective Ted E.Bear. Their dialogues are full of references to games and film works, adding depth to the game.
2. Engaging Story: Although the story is incomplete in the first episode, it still manages to capture the players’ attention. The game revolves around Amber’s search for her missing brother and the chaos in Paper City, creating an intriguing plot.
3. Comic-Style Graphics: The game’s two-dimensional graphics, reminiscent of crime and investigation films, give it a unique and stylish look. The simple designs and Film Noir effect add to the overall atmosphere of the game.
4. Fourth Wall Breaks: Bear With Me includes moments where the characters break the fourth wall, interacting with the player as if they are aware of being in a game. This adds a touch of humor and self-awareness to the gameplay.
5. Simple Gameplay: The game follows a traditional point and click format, making it easy to navigate and play. Players can interact with objects and characters, solve puzzles, and progress through the story with clear clues provided by Detective Ted.
Cons of Bear With Me PC Game
1. Weak Writing: While the story has interesting elements, the level of writing remains weak. The dialogue and overall writing quality could have been improved to enhance the player’s immersion in the game.
2. Limited Interactions: The game’s environment lacks interactive elements, limiting the player’s ability to explore and engage with the surroundings. This can make the gameplay feel linear and less immersive.
3. Short Duration: The game is divided into episodes, and the first episode itself is relatively short, taking about an hour and a half to complete. This may leave players wanting more content and a longer gameplay experience.
4. Lack of Voice Acting Variety: While the voice performances in the game are decent, the lack of variety in pace and tone among the characters can make the dialogue feel monotonous and less engaging.
5. Incomplete Story: As the first episode only scratches the surface of the overall plot, players may feel unsatisfied with the lack of significant progress in the story. The game primarily presents the same events from different perspectives, which may not be enough to keep players fully invested.
Despite its flaws, Bear With Me offers a unique and engaging gaming experience, especially for those who enjoy point and click adventure games with a dark and mysterious atmosphere.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Bear With Me PC Game
1. What is the gameplay of Bear With Me?
The gameplay of Bear With Me is a traditional point and click game. Players can click on objects to interact with them and receive comments from the characters. The game involves collecting tools, combining them, and using them in the right places to solve puzzles.
2. Who are the main characters in Bear With Me?
The main characters in Bear With Me are Amber, a smart ten-year-old girl, and Detective Ted E.Bear. Amber wakes up in her home when her brother disappears and enlists the help of Detective Ted to find him. The game also features other characters that players can interact with.
3. What is the story of Bear With Me?
The story of Bear With Me revolves around Amber’s search for her missing brother in the chaotic Paper City. The appearance of the character Red Man is related to this chaos. The game features scenes drawn in a comic style to tell the story, but please note that only the first episode is available.
4. How long does it take to complete Bear With Me?
The game is divided into episodes, and each episode takes about an hour and a half to two hours to complete. The first episode may not progress far enough in the story to make it highly interesting, but it presents the events from different perspectives.
5. What are the graphics and sound like in Bear With Me?
The graphics in Bear With Me are two-dimensional with a Film Noir style. The designs are simple, and the game does not have unique visuals. The voice performances of the characters are decent, but the overall sound design lacks variety and depth.