The story of Zack Fair, which enjoyed great success in the past on Sony’s portable PSP, returns in a new form on modern devices and awakens from her old prison, Zack, a young dreamer who works in the Soldier security system of the giant company Shinra , Zack, who greatly values soldier mythology and dreams of becoming a hero in his own right. Crisis Core has long been one of my favorite games from the legendary Final Fantasy series. So how did this remaster come about? We’re happy to assure you from the start that it’s great and that Square Enix has put a lot of effort into it.
The game’s story precedes the story of the original Final Fantasy 7 and serves as a wonderful backdrop to the world and characters for those who want to experience and deepen their understanding of Final Fantasy VII Remake as well as the upcoming release Rebirth. As already mentioned, the game highlights the story of Zack Fair, a second-ranking soldier of the Shinra Corporation, who tries to achieve his dreams of heroism by following the example of the legends of the first-ranking soldier, dreams that bring many painful sensations. The story is still as dramatic as we knew it, and it still retains all its magic and splendor even after all these years. It is one of the Final Fantasy games that are close to our hearts and one of the most impactful and influential. We urge you not to shed a few tears. We leave it to you to discover the details of the saga that presents the concepts of love, loyalty, betrayal, principles and sacrifice in an unprecedented human drama.
“If you want to be a champion, Zack, you have to have dreams and dignity.” – Angeal Hewley
Square Enix’s Remarkable Remaster Efforts
Square Enix has worked on many modifications that make us actually consider this version of the game a remake and not just a remaster. The graphics have improved so much that it’s hard to tell that this is originally a PSP game. The environment has become detailed and precise, with significant improvements to the graphical elements. Although it seems static and non-interactive, it is far better than the original game. The character models were created from scratch and look very good, although for artistic reasons I prefer the artistic design of the characters in the original game. The graphics, of course, are not at the level of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but they will not disappoint players and are much better than the remaster of another PSP game for home consoles (Final Fantasy Type-Zero). This version also runs at 60 frames, while those lucky enough to play it on PC can play it at 120 frames.
Zack and Aerith
Enhanced Gameplay and Exciting Features
The gameplay has undergone many modifications, which were a pleasant surprise for us. The fighting style became more fluid with the ability to link attacks and magic in successive strikes. I think it’s more fun than the original game style while maintaining the same identity. It is then possible to use magic and skills via shortcuts directly by pressing L1. It is then a button that is linked to magic or skills in a way that feels closer to Final Fantasy 7 Remake. On the other hand, bosses still retain their ability to perform powerful, unblockable special attacks, but the player can now weaken or even cancel this attack entirely by attacking the monster or enemy for a short period of time. Another positive change concerns the unique DMW system (which is based on the random assignment of 3 images and 3 numbers for different effects in battles). Now the player can perform Limit Break attacks at any time by pressing the triangle button.
Immersive Experience and Memorable Soundtrack
The high difficulty level is available from the start, but we prefer the medium difficulty level and find it suitable for most players and a lot of fun. The game also features the ability to control and move the camera, unlike the original game which did not allow this due to the PSP’s limited controls, which only contained an analog stick. In general, this is still the action RPG game you knew before, but with improvements in most aspects of the game, the way a remaster or remake is made. The music album, which has a distinct Western feel, is still one of the best music albums we’ve come across in a Square Enix game. It was composed by Takeharu Ishimoto, who returned in this version of the game to renew the album We are used to from Square Enix with its improved games. The game also features full voice acting with the participation of … actors who participated in Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Japanese voices are also present.
A Must-Play Remaster
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion lives up to its name and reunites us with one of our favorite games, brilliantly remastered and given a new look. The Zack Fair saga is not to be missed, no matter your taste in the world of gaming.
We tested the game using a PlayStation 5 copy that we received from the publisher prior to release
Pros and Cons of Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion PC Game
- Improved graphics: The remastered version of Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion features significantly improved graphics compared to the original PSP game. The environment is more detailed and precise, and the character models have been created from scratch.
- Fluid gameplay: The fighting style in the game has been made more fluid, allowing for linking attacks and magic in successive strikes. The addition of shortcuts for using magic and skills adds to the overall enjoyment of the gameplay.
- Positive changes to gameplay mechanics: The game introduces several positive changes to gameplay mechanics, such as the ability to weaken or cancel powerful special attacks from bosses. The unique DMW system has also been improved, allowing players to perform Limit Break attacks at any time.
- Control and camera movement: Unlike the original PSP game, the remastered version allows players to control and move the camera, enhancing the overall gaming experience.
- Impressive music album: The game features a distinct Western-style music album composed by Takeharu Ishimoto, adding to the immersive experience of the game.
- Voice acting: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion features full voice acting, with the participation of actors who also worked on Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Japanese voices are also available.
- Not at the level of Final Fantasy 7 Remake: While the graphics have been improved, they are not on par with the graphics of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Players expecting the same level of visual fidelity may be disappointed.
- Limited interaction with the environment: Although the environment has been enhanced, it is still relatively static and non-interactive, which may be a drawback for players looking for a more immersive open-world experience.
- Difficulty level: While the game offers a high difficulty level from the start, some players may find it too challenging. However, there is a medium difficulty level that is suitable for most players.
In conclusion, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion PC Game offers improved graphics, fluid gameplay, and positive changes to gameplay mechanics. The game’s music album and voice acting add to the overall immersive experience. However, it falls short of the visual fidelity of Final Fantasy 7 Remake and has limited interaction with the environment. The difficulty level may also be a factor to consider. Overall, it is a remastered version that reunites players with a beloved game and is worth experiencing for fans of the Final Fantasy series.
1. What is Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion PC Game?
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion PC Game is a remastered version of the original Crisis Core game that was released on the Sony PSP. It follows the story of Zack Fair, a young dreamer working in the Soldier security system of the Shinra Corporation, as he strives to become a hero.
2. How does this remaster differ from the original game?
This remaster of Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion features significant improvements in graphics and gameplay. The graphics have been enhanced to the point where it’s hard to believe it was originally a PSP game. The character models have been recreated from scratch, and the environment is more detailed and precise. The gameplay has also been modified to be more fluid and enjoyable.
3. Can I play Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion on PC?
Yes, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion is available for PC. Players on PC can enjoy the game at 60 frames per second, and lucky players with capable hardware can even play it at 120 frames per second.
4. Is Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion a standalone game?
No, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion is a prequel to the original Final Fantasy VII game. It serves as a backdrop to the world and characters of Final Fantasy VII and provides a deeper understanding of the story. It is recommended for those who want to experience and delve into the world of Final Fantasy VII Remake and the upcoming release Rebirth.
5. Does Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion have full voice acting?
Yes, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion features full voice acting. The game includes voice actors who participated in Final Fantasy VII Remake, and it also offers Japanese voices for players who prefer the original language.