In the last generation we got the game Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with a strong return to the series of RPG and stealth games and a new story that contained many surprises and complications along the way, offering a unique experience. Now we get the latest installment in the series in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, whose events follow a story. The final part with a new development engine. Does this game provide the experience we’ve been craving since the last installment? We will tell you about this in this test report. (If you haven’t tried the game yet and don’t want to spoil the story events from the previous part, skip the next part of the review.)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an RPG and stealth game similar to the rest of the series. Of course, there is an option to attack the enemy directly and make a lot of noise, since the game tries to give you as much freedom as possible. The story follows the events of the first part two years ago, especially after the incident in which people were killed with artificial organs lost control of themselves and attacked anyone in their path after the Illuminati group sent a signal that made them lose control of themselves. After this incident, fear and racism spread among the people, and racial discrimination against those who possess these organs has become a catastrophe from which the world is suffering.
The Story of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Agent Adam Jensen returns a year after his disappearance and with a distorted memory to work with Task Force 29 to complete his search for answers and attempt to uncover the Illuminati’s plans. After a failed operation in Dubai in which the team was mysteriously surprised, the agent returns to Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic and the location of the team’s main office, to carry out a terrorist bombing. At the capital’s train station, in which many people died, this incident was not the first of its kind, and the Illuminati group presented the matter in such a way that the ARC group was the one that carried out the attack, an organization that demands human rights from the owners of artificial organs, which increased the problems and poor treatment of the owners of these organs.
The story of this part will generally focus on the terrorist attack and the people behind it. Unfortunately, many of the events are to be expected and the story is not as deep as in the last part and the player’s decisions do not have the same effect as in the last part. However, there were some moments in the story that were revealed. Some secrets and details that gave some value to the story, indicating that the game’s ending referred to an upcoming part of the series, but unfortunately it was also not satisfactory.
Technical Aspects of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Let’s talk about the technical aspect. The game features beautiful effects for shadows, lighting and some special effects for weapons. The general design of the characters is more elaborate than in the previous part, especially the details of the face, hair and other details that give the characters a beautiful look, but everything ends with the primitive animation of the faces and the synchronization of lip movements with the audio clips of speech of the characters aren’t perfect and many of them weren’t as dubbed as needed. The game world has become larger here with shorter loading times, so that you can enter buildings directly without a download menu and the environment is more detailed, but overall the technical level is very modest and the appearance of the game is not convincing.
- Freedom of choice: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided offers players the freedom to approach missions and combat situations in various ways. Whether you prefer a stealthy approach or a more direct and aggressive playstyle, the game allows you to make decisions that suit your preferred gameplay style.
- Engaging story: While the story may not be as deep as its predecessor, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided still manages to deliver an engaging narrative. The game explores themes of fear, discrimination, and conspiracy, keeping players invested in the outcome of the events.
- Improved character design: The game features more elaborate character designs, especially when it comes to facial details and hair. This attention to detail enhances the overall visual experience and adds to the immersion of the game.
- Large game world: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided offers a larger game world compared to its predecessor, allowing players to explore more areas without encountering long loading times. The detailed environments contribute to a more immersive gameplay experience.
- Predictable story: While the game’s story is engaging, it can be predictable at times. Some players may find themselves anticipating certain plot twists and revelations, which can diminish the impact of the narrative.
- Limited impact of player decisions: Unlike its predecessor, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided does not give player decisions the same level of impact on the overall story. This can make the choices feel less meaningful and reduce the sense of agency for players.
- Primitive facial animations: Despite the improved character designs, the facial animations in the game are lacking. Lip movements do not always sync perfectly with the audio clips, and some characters are not as well-dubbed as they should be, which can detract from the overall immersion of the game.
- Modest technical level: While the game world is more detailed and the loading times are shorter, the overall technical level of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is modest. The game’s appearance may not be convincing to some players, especially when compared to other contemporary titles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What genre is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an RPG and stealth game.
2. Can I choose to attack enemies directly instead of using stealth?
Yes, you have the option to attack enemies directly and make a lot of noise in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
3. What is the story of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
The story of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follows the events of the previous game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and takes place two years after a catastrophic incident involving artificial organs. The game explores themes of fear, racism, and discrimination in a world affected by these events.
4. Does the player’s decisions in the game have a significant impact on the story?
While there are some moments in the story that reveal secrets and details, the player’s decisions in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided do not have the same level of impact as in the previous game. The story is not as deep and the player’s choices do not have as much influence on the overall narrative.
5. How is the technical aspect of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided features beautiful effects for shadows, lighting, and special effects for weapons. The character design is more elaborate, but the animation of the faces and synchronization of lip movements with audio clips are not perfect. The game world is larger with shorter loading times, but the overall technical level is modest and the game’s appearance may not be convincing.