Dishonored 2: A Review of the Xbox Version
The Story and Characters
In 2012 we got the action and stealth game Dishonored from the development team Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It was one of the signature experiences of the last generation, well received by gamers and media professionals alike. Now, after four years, we get the second part of the game and present you a review of the game for the Xbox version. First, let’s find out together what experience it offers and whether it was worth the wait.
The events of the story take place fifteen years after the last part, when Princess Emily Kaldwin reached the age to become the new ruler. The hero of the previous part and the ruler’s royal guard, Corvo Attano, adopted the princess after her mother was killed in the last part and spent the last few years teaching her everything he knew about the arts of swordplay and infiltration Afraid she would. The day will come when you will need such skills, and the promised day actually comes with the celebration of the death anniversary of the former ruler, when Duke Luca Abele came from the city of Karnaca, the birthplace of Corvo, to give a gift to the ruler Emily to present, and his gift was Delilah, who claims to be the ruler’s elder sister, former ruler and rightful heir to the rule.
Choose Your Character
When you reach this part you will have the choice to play as Emily or Corvo. This is a permanent choice that cannot be changed over the course of the game, and the perspective from which the story is presented will differ between the two characters, as Emily questions what kind of ruler she wants to become, and you will flesh out her character in the story as Corvo will remember some of his past and his hometown upbringing, but the questions you’re looking for answers to are the same: Who is Delilah? Is she actually the sister of the former ruler? Is there a goal other than controlling the government?
As in the previous part, the story is complex and offers many options. You can kill the desired target or find a more peaceful or merciful solution. There are many alternative solutions in each mission, and the effects of your decisions will clearly determine the character you are playing with and their dialogues, especially Emily, since this is our first time playing with the character, and your decisions will determine what kind it is acts. Who will be the ruler and what methods will she use once she regains her throne? On the other hand, if you play as Corvo, you decide in what ways and methods he uses to save his daughter and how far he can go with it. Since the game presents two characters, the story is of great value when replaying, and even if you choose the same character, you will discover more details of the story, as many of its details cannot be fully understood the first time, and you will find some Find information and details that you undoubtedly missed.
Technically, this time the game uses the Void Engine, which is based on the id Tech 5 Engine, instead of the Unreal Engine 3 used in the previous part. The new engine gives the game a new and more lively character. The previous part was dominated by dark and dark colors. The game still has a dark character, but with some liveliness, the details of the world are beautiful and elaborate, and the team has taken care of the various technical elements of shadows, special effects, the movement clothing and elements in the environment are beautiful and give a feeling of life to the game. The game runs at a resolution of 30 frames while maintaining a constant frame rate, and there may be a slight drop in the experience and outdoor areas once or twice. Gameplay that doesn’t really detract from the experience.
Next page Share this article
Pros and Cons of Dishonored 2 PC Game
- Engaging Storyline: Dishonored 2 offers a complex and immersive storyline that keeps players engaged throughout the game. The choices and decisions made by the player have a direct impact on the narrative, allowing for multiple playthroughs and different outcomes.
- Multiple Playable Characters: Players have the option to choose between two playable characters, Emily or Corvo, each with their own unique abilities and perspectives. This adds replay value and allows players to experience the game from different angles.
- Alternative Solutions: The game offers multiple ways to approach missions and objectives. Players can choose to be stealthy and non-lethal or opt for a more aggressive and lethal playstyle. The freedom to choose different approaches adds depth and variety to gameplay.
- Beautiful Graphics: Dishonored 2 features stunning visuals and detailed environments. The game’s new Void Engine enhances the overall look and feel, creating a more vibrant and immersive world for players to explore.
- Well-designed Levels: The game’s levels are intricately designed, providing players with a variety of paths and options to complete objectives. The level design encourages exploration and rewards players for their creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Performance Issues: Some players have reported performance issues, including frame rate drops and occasional glitches. While these issues do not significantly detract from the overall experience, they can be frustrating for some players.
- Steep Learning Curve: Dishonored 2 can be challenging for newcomers to the series or those unfamiliar with stealth-action games. The game requires patience and strategic thinking, which may not appeal to all players.
- Limited Replayability: While the game offers multiple playthroughs with different characters and choices, some players may find that the overall replay value is limited. Once the main story is completed, there may be less incentive to revisit the game.
- Lack of Innovation: Dishonored 2 builds upon the foundation of its predecessor but does not introduce many groundbreaking innovations. Some players may feel that the game lacks significant new features or mechanics.
In conclusion, Dishonored 2 offers an engaging and immersive experience with its complex storyline, multiple playable characters, and alternative gameplay options. While the game has its performance issues and a steep learning curve, it compensates with its beautiful graphics and well-designed levels. However, the limited replayability and lack of significant innovation may be drawbacks for some players. Overall, Dishonored 2 is a solid choice for fans of action and stealth games.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Dishonored 2 PC Game
Q: What is Dishonored 2?
Dishonored 2 is an action and stealth game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the sequel to the original Dishonored game released in 2012.
Q: When does the story of Dishonored 2 take place?
The events of Dishonored 2 take place fifteen years after the events of the first game. It follows the story of Princess Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano, the hero of the previous game.
Q: Can I choose which character to play as in Dishonored 2?
Yes, you can choose to play as either Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano. This choice is permanent and cannot be changed throughout the game.
Q: Are there multiple ways to complete missions in Dishonored 2?
Yes, Dishonored 2 offers multiple paths and solutions for each mission. Players can choose to take a more violent approach or find peaceful and merciful solutions. Your decisions will affect the story and character development.
Q: What engine does Dishonored 2 use?
Dishonored 2 uses the Void Engine, which is based on the id Tech 5 Engine. This engine enhances the visuals and provides a more lively and detailed world for players to explore.