The Formula 1 racing game comes to us this year under the banner of the American company Electronic Arts with its sports games EA Sports, after acquiring the British company Codemasters, specialized in racing games, which is working on other series that belong to this category of games. The truth is that F1 22 could be the game. The most realistic of all Codemasters releases, this game is aimed primarily at professionals and sports fans, but everyone is welcome.
Game Realism and Options
In fact, there aren’t many racing games that reach the level of realism of F1 22, which oscillates between absolute simulation and arcade gameplay. For example, many racing games shy away from depicting collisions and car damage, but Formula One 22 offers realistic racing options, including component display. The car is susceptible to damage and can withstand racing and tours. This year’s edition applies the new rules imposed on Formula 1, such as the weight of the cars, which has become heavier than before. This is of course reflected in the handling of the cars of this year’s edition, which use larger tires than before.
Career Mode and Customization
The main option in Formula One 22 is career mode, where the player can play as a formula team manager and driver at the same time, or just as a driver. The career mode attempts to dedicate oneself to the sport realistically and loyally. Getting started in this sport involves completing training laps to memorize the routes and get used to them before the races, taking care of the car parts, the tires and the constant development of the vehicle , even the photo before the race The shots try to faithfully imitate Formula 1.
Wide Segment of Players
Where the game excels is in how it presents itself to a wide segment of players. Players can simplify the experience in many ways, such as activating driving aids, controlling the level of artificial intelligence of competitors, and even being able to speed up training on the tracks without driving them before the main races. There are very many options and the player can customize and simplify the experience or increase the depth and difficulty as desired. The game also brings a new feature, F1 Life, which focuses on lifestyle through customization options like driver outfits, but doesn’t add much to the experience.
Supercars and Visual Level
This year, the game also adds supercars from brands like Ferrari, AMG and more that players can collect. These cars are slower than formula cars and heavier, but of course still very fast and can be used while driving through Pirelli challenges and breaking records. But it also remains a marginal addition, at least in its current form, and there could be plans for something bigger in future versions.
The game is very good on a visual level and although we played it on an Xbox Series S device with a slightly lower screen resolution, the tracks and the cars have good details, but you shouldn’t expect much in this regard as you can achieve however not the level of advanced graphics in other games. PC gamers can enjoy ray tracing effects for greater lighting realism.
F1 22 is another Formula 1 game from Codemasters and EA, but it is an excellent game and has a wonderful drive. The only downside is the lack of innovation and the feeling that the series needs more additions now, and who knows, maybe this will happen in future versions now that Codemasters is under EA’s wing. However, fans of realistic driving will be hard-pressed to find a better game than Formula One 22, and it truly is one of the best driving experiences to date.
We received a copy of the game from the publisher and tested it on Xbox Series S
Pros and Cons of F1 22 PC Game
- Realistic Gameplay: F1 22 offers a high level of realism, striking a balance between simulation and arcade gameplay. It accurately depicts collisions, car damage, and realistic racing options.
- Career Mode: The game’s career mode allows players to experience the sport as a team manager and driver or solely as a driver. It offers a realistic and immersive experience, including training laps, car maintenance, and vehicle development.
- Customizable Experience: F1 22 provides a wide range of options for players to customize and simplify their gaming experience. They can activate driving aids, control the level of artificial intelligence of competitors, and adjust the difficulty as desired.
- Visual Quality: The game boasts impressive visuals, with detailed tracks and cars. PC gamers can enjoy ray tracing effects for enhanced lighting realism.
- Wide Appeal: F1 22 caters to a broad segment of players, offering options for both professionals and sports fans. It welcomes players of all skill levels, allowing them to enjoy the game at their preferred level of difficulty.
- Lack of Innovation: Some players may feel that F1 22 lacks significant innovation and could benefit from more additions and advancements in future versions.
- Marginal Additions: While the game introduces supercars from renowned brands, this addition may feel marginal and could be expanded upon in future updates.
- Limited Graphics: Although the game has good visual details, it may not reach the level of advanced graphics found in other games.
Overall, F1 22 PC Game offers a highly realistic and immersive Formula 1 racing experience. With its career mode, customizable options, and wide appeal, it provides an enjoyable gaming experience for both professional players and sports fans. While it may lack significant innovation and advanced graphics, it remains one of the best driving experiences available.
1. Is F1 22 a realistic racing game?
Yes, F1 22 is considered one of the most realistic racing games available. It offers a level of realism that oscillates between absolute simulation and arcade gameplay, providing options for realistic racing including collisions and car damage.
2. What is the main mode in F1 22?
The main mode in F1 22 is the career mode. In this mode, players can play as a formula team manager and driver at the same time or solely as a driver. The career mode aims to provide a realistic and immersive experience by focusing on aspects such as training laps, car maintenance, tire management, and vehicle development.
3. Can the gameplay be customized to suit different players?
Yes, F1 22 offers a wide range of customization options to suit different players. Players can activate driving aids, control the level of artificial intelligence of competitors, and even speed up training on the tracks without driving them before the main races. The game allows players to simplify or increase the depth and difficulty of the experience according to their preferences.
4. Are there additional features in F1 22?
Yes, F1 22 introduces a new feature called F1 Life, which focuses on lifestyle customization options such as driver outfits. However, this feature does not significantly impact the overall gameplay experience.
5. Does F1 22 include supercars from other brands?
Yes, F1 22 includes supercars from brands like Ferrari and AMG that players can collect. These cars are slower and heavier than formula cars but can be used in Pirelli challenges and record-breaking attempts. However, the inclusion of supercars remains a marginal addition in the current version of the game.