More than three years after its release on PlayStation devices, one of the masterpieces of open-world games Horizon returns to PC in an improved version with all its additions. The events take place in the distant future in a post-apocalyptic world, a world controlled by giant machines, and as a result, primitive human settlements have spread and they have become scattered tribes.
The Story of Horizon
The story begins with a young outcast girl named Eloy, who is looked after by a tribe outcast named Rost. Rost is like a father to Eloy. He raised her and trained her to be an expert fighter and hunter. Despite being an outcast of the tribe, Eloy tried to get closer to him, but always faced neglect and condescending looks from her members. One day, among the ruins of previous civilizations, Eloy found a device called the Focus, a device that helps her learn the secrets of the ancient world and makes it easier to fight machines by knowing their weaknesses.
The Beautiful World of Horizon
The world of Horizon is diverse and full of beautiful locations and landscapes such as forest areas, deserts and even snow. In the computer version, Horizon shines by adding many graphical features, such as: Such as improving the visibility of grass, surface details, etc. Reflection of objects on the water, the quality of shadows and even… The interaction of grasses with character movements and other improvements, and Horizon is still one of the most beautiful open world games , especially in the PC version with the wonderful Decima engine.
Gameplay and Combat
One of the main things I was waiting for in the computer version was the frame rate and the result: a smooth gaming system and precise controls, and machine confrontations were more fun in this version compared to the home version. Eloy has a spear for close combat and a bow for long-range confrontations, and the bow is considered the main weapon here. You can also add different arrows to diversify the battle strategy, such as a fire arrow and an arrow attached to a rope. This will freeze the movement of the machine to give you room to eliminate it.
Skills and Missions
You can develop Eloy’s skills through the development tree. One of the exciting abilities is the ability to control machines, which allows you to ride several of them to speed up your movement around the map and you can also let the machines fight on your side. Machines are not the only enemies in the game, as there are aggressive tribes, but unfortunately fighting against humans is considered one of the weak points due to the primitiveness of hand-to-hand combat and the weakness of their artificial intelligence.
The Engrossing Story and Sound
The design of most of the side missions in the game is mediocre and sometimes monotonous, but when it comes to the main missions, I found myself engrossed in them and playing non-stop to figure out the events of the story. The tone of the game is good, whether it’s the voice acting of Eloy or the supporting characters. The sound of the environment is also perfect, and as far as music goes, I didn’t find any other melody that stuck in my mind other than the game’s main theme. The game lasts about forty hours.
The PC Version of Horizon
The Horizon PC version is wonderful and almost free of technical errors, and computer technologies have been put to good use in terms of graphical improvements.
(We reviewed the PC version after receiving it from the publisher before the release date.)
Pros and Cons of Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition PC Game
- Stunning graphics and improved visuals: Horizon Zero Dawn PC version offers enhanced graphical features, including improved grass visibility, surface details, reflections, shadows, and more, making it one of the most beautiful open-world games.
- Smooth gameplay and precise controls: The PC version provides a smooth gaming experience with a higher frame rate, resulting in more enjoyable machine confrontations.
- Diverse and immersive world: Explore a post-apocalyptic world filled with beautiful landscapes, such as forests, deserts, and snowy areas, offering a visually captivating experience.
- Engaging main missions: The main story missions are compelling and immersive, keeping players hooked and eager to discover the events of the story.
- Exciting combat mechanics: Use a variety of weapons, including a spear for close combat and a bow for long-range confrontations. Customize your battle strategy by using different types of arrows, such as fire arrows and rope arrows.
- Ability to control machines: Develop Eloy’s skills to gain the ability to control machines, allowing for faster movement around the map and the option to let machines fight on your side.
- Immersive audio experience: Enjoy well-executed voice acting, atmospheric sound design, and a memorable main theme that adds to the overall immersive experience.
- Mediocre side missions: The design of most side missions in the game is average and can feel repetitive and monotonous.
- Weaker human combat: Fighting against human enemies is considered a weak point due to the primitiveness of hand-to-hand combat and the limited artificial intelligence of human opponents.
- Lengthy gameplay: The game’s duration is approximately forty hours, which may be considered long for some players who prefer shorter gaming experiences.
The Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition PC game offers a visually stunning and immersive open-world experience. With improved graphics, smooth gameplay, and engaging main missions, it provides an enjoyable gaming experience. However, the mediocre side missions and weaker human combat aspects may detract from the overall experience. Despite these drawbacks, the PC version showcases the effective use of computer technologies to enhance the game’s visuals.
Frequently Asked Questions – Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition PC Game
1. What is the storyline of Horizon Zero Dawn?
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world controlled by giant machines. Players follow the journey of a young outcast girl named Eloy as she uncovers the secrets of the ancient world and fights against both machines and aggressive tribes.
2. What improvements does the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn offer?
The PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn offers graphical enhancements such as improved visibility of grass and surface details, reflections on water, enhanced shadows, and improved interaction of grasses with character movements. The game showcases the beautiful landscapes of forest areas, deserts, and snowy regions.
3. What weapons and abilities does the protagonist have?
Eloy, the protagonist, wields a spear for close combat and a bow for long-range confrontations. The bow is considered the main weapon and can be customized with different types of arrows, such as fire arrows and arrows attached to ropes. Players can also develop Eloy’s skills through a skill tree, including the ability to control machines and ride them.
4. Are there side missions in Horizon Zero Dawn?
Yes, the game features side missions alongside the main storyline. However, some players may find the design of side missions to be mediocre and occasionally monotonous. The main missions, on the other hand, offer engaging storytelling and captivating gameplay.
5. How long does it take to complete Horizon Zero Dawn?
The game has an average playtime of around forty hours to complete the main storyline and various side missions. The duration may vary depending on the player’s exploration and playstyle.