The story of the game Steelrising takes place during the French campaign during the reign of Louis. This happened due to the proliferation of evil robots. The idea sounds exciting, but how was the game?
Steel Rising is a Soulsborn x Metroidvania game
Steelrising is, so to speak, a Souslbourne game and also has many characteristics of Metroid Venice games. The game was developed by Spiders and published by Nacon of France. The game engine is called Silk Engine and is its own engine. Combat in the game takes place with light, medium or heavy weapons, and each type has its own advantages. Light weapons strike quickly, dealing damage that increases and temporarily hinders enemy movement. Medium weapons are fast and deal excellent damage. Heavy weapons are slow, but the damage is very high, and each weapon has a secondary use. For example, there is a hammer that turns into a very powerful shotgun and a chain that turns into a chain of fire, and there are also weapons that use the properties of nature, such as ice, fire and ice weapons. The latter is the weapon that was most useful to me when fighting bosses, allowing me to freeze and sledgehammer the enemy, but the use of secondary weapons is limited and requires chemical crystals.
As for the fight itself, there is no block button, but there are some weapons with a secondary function like blocking or parrying, and you can also easily dodge behind the enemy. Enemies vary in size from small to large, but there is repetition in the design. You will find the same enemy design but with different elements between the power of ice, electricity or fire. The main bosses in the game are very easy, especially if you use the ice weapon against them. I haven’t found a boss who tired me out much. In fact, some of the normal enemies were more difficult than the big bosses.
The game’s graphics are beautiful, but are marred by graphical technical issues such as: B. some skins that take some time to load the graphical elements, in addition to some technical issues that affect the gameplay itself.
The game lets you travel to different areas in Paris and you can quickly move through the areas by car. Each area has main story missions, side missions and a main boss. The design of the stages fits the atmosphere of the game and lets you experience the atmosphere of Paris at that time, but my problem is the streets on the map. Often a door is locked and you have to go from another street to open it. After you open it, you discover that there is a better street than this, and the usefulness of the street you opened quickly ends . Especially the many shortcuts that are mostly useless… On some stages there is a foggy area, and you also have to fight the mini-boss in it to open it up for you.
The game is developed through the use of statues scattered across the map, and like the Souls games, they are used to revive enemies on the map. The development in the game is very simple and not very complex, and I really liked it. Also, weapons can be developed by obtaining resources while exploring the map and from the enemies.
Steel Rising isn’t polished enough
The story is told through cinematic scenes and dialogues with the characters, and you can also receive side missions. In each stage there are places where you need to get some tools in the story to come back and explore later, and I really enjoyed that part. In conclusion, Steelrising is considered to be an overly ambitious game, and this actually led to a significant weakness in many of the game’s basic features, so the developers tried to add a lot of elements to the game, which resulted in a weakness in the basic elements and lack of polish.
We tested the game on PS5 with a publisher-supplied copy prior to release
Pros of Steelrising PC Game
- Unique setting: The game takes place during the French campaign in the reign of Louis, offering a fresh and interesting backdrop for the story.
- Combination of genres: Steelrising combines elements of Soulsborne and Metroidvania games, providing a unique gameplay experience for fans of both genres.
- Diverse combat options: Players can choose from light, medium, and heavy weapons, each with their own advantages and secondary uses. This allows for varied combat strategies and playstyles.
- Beautiful graphics: The game features stunning visuals that capture the atmosphere of Paris during that time period.
- Exploration and side missions: Players can explore different areas of Paris, complete main story missions, and engage in side missions, adding depth and replay value to the game.
- Simple development system: The game’s development system, which involves statues and resource gathering, is straightforward and easy to understand.
Cons of Steelrising PC Game
- Graphical technical issues: Some players have reported graphical elements taking time to load and other technical issues that affect the gameplay.
- Repetitive enemy design: While enemies vary in size and elements, there is repetition in their design, which can make combat encounters feel less diverse.
- Easy boss battles: Many players have found the main bosses in the game to be too easy, especially when using the ice weapon against them.
- Map design and shortcuts: The design of the game’s stages and map can be confusing, with locked doors and seemingly useless shortcuts.
- Lack of polish: The game’s ambitious nature has resulted in a lack of polish in its basic features, affecting the overall gameplay experience.
In conclusion, Steelrising offers a unique setting and gameplay experience, combining elements of Soulsborne and Metroidvania games. However, the game is marred by graphical technical issues, repetitive enemy design, easy boss battles, confusing map design, and a lack of polish. While it has its strengths, it falls short in delivering a fully satisfying experience.
1. What is the genre of Steelrising PC Game?
Steelrising is a Soulsborn x Metroidvania game.
2. Who developed and published Steelrising PC Game?
Steelrising was developed by Spiders and published by Nacon of France.
3. What is the combat system like in Steelrising PC Game?
Combat in Steelrising takes place with light, medium, or heavy weapons. Each type of weapon has its own advantages. Light weapons strike quickly and temporarily hinder enemy movement. Medium weapons are fast and deal excellent damage. Heavy weapons are slow but have high damage output. Each weapon also has a secondary use, such as transforming into a shotgun or using elemental properties like ice and fire.
4. Is there a block button in Steelrising PC Game?
No, there is no block button in Steelrising. However, some weapons have a secondary function like blocking or parrying, and players can also dodge behind enemies to avoid attacks.
5. What are the main issues with Steelrising PC Game?
While Steelrising has beautiful graphics, it is marred by graphical technical issues such as slow-loading skins and gameplay-affecting technical problems. The game also suffers from a lack of polish in its basic features, which can be attributed to its overly ambitious nature.