With the number of years we have spent in the wars of the future, the Call of Duty shooter series returns to its roots and classic history, as the new game, Call of Duty: WWII, tells us the story of the World War II, brought to us by the development team Sledgehammer Games, which previously introduced us to the game Advanced Warfare in 2014. As usual in the Call of Duty series, its mission will be handed over to another team, which will work in turn for a period of 3 years before its release. Well, we have finished the game and spent many hours in its various stages and it is time to present you a review of the game.
As already mentioned, the story of the new part takes us back to the past, more precisely to the year 1944 with the start of the Second World War. You will complete missions with the 1st Infantry Division team in various regions of Europe. The game explains itself well through the review of dates, events and locations, as well as the realistic recounting of the events of World War II before the start of each year. In a mission that we will go through, you will move between European cities to face the Nazi armies and you will experience the same historical period with its famous scenes. The story missions and characters you will use vary throughout the story and adventure phases.
Call of Duty: WWII is a first-person shooter game, and anyone who has tried the game knows exactly what to expect here. Here you lead a team of fighters, each of whom plays their role in the team. There is an injury healer there, and there are those who specialize in providing bullets and bullets, while his final mission is to summon help. To attack from the air all areas where enemy armies are crowded. Each member of your team has a main role and it is very important to rely on this matter. As usual, there are QTE scenes or the pressure to implement some scenarios into the story when the time comes. You can also use the environment around you during battle in this game, including using tables for example. As a firewall for you when you need it by pressing the manual strikes button next to it, which is important before facing enemies.
Since it is a shooting game and part of the Call of Duty series, it can be said that the sensitivity of aiming has not changed much compared to the previous installments. The biggest change was in the “military” melee system. It is not as smooth as the previous games when it comes to attracting the enemy and making attacks on them, so I advised against using it. We also mention that the game offers a distinct variety of missions. Not all missions require you to use only aiming, but there are missions that use vehicles during this period and other espionage and sequencing missions. Overall, the game offers a greater variety of play styles than usual.
Zombie mode returns in this game and the words here can be summed up as one of the best zombie modes we’ve played in the series. It’s common for the Treyarch development team to be the best we have at our disposal with this mode, but the Sledgehammer Games development team makes a strong showing in this game, as they did with that game. In general, Zombie Breakfast here stays away from all the hassle to give us a very entertaining, no-frills experience. Here you can develop your characters by increasing their charging ability, the strength of their attacks or their speed. What’s new here is the special strike, which has a certain amount of energy. Filling it will give you a special strike. One of them makes you invisible to everyone. In Zombies, each character has their own abilities and there is an opportunity to develop these characters further, while another characteristic makes your bullets inexhaustible or performs special strikes that double the effect of your blows.
Graphics and Audio
The game’s graphics offer a good technical level. It’s not the amazing technical change we expect, especially in gaming, but if you look at movies, the game here brings a lot of innovations. The game will not impress you much graphically, especially since it is the first time that we look at the series and return to the atmosphere of the Second World War. Current generation devices, but there are many shooter games on the market that offer better graphics, but in terms of audio, this game has a lot of innovations here. You will actually experience the atmosphere of a world war with the sounds of everything around you, from bullets and screams of soldiers to the movement of vehicles and explosions around you, and it is one of the best. The strongest elements of this game.
The Call of Duty game series gains fame and power primarily through its online multiplayer mode. Here you can go back to the beginning without any complications. As you begin your journey into the online mode, you will be asked to select a classification or level for yourself, and each classification has different sections that suit the weapon you prefer. That doesn’t mean you won’t be able to use the rest of the weapons, but you can evolve your main weapon with lots of advancements and improvements. There is a normal combat phase that offers you many options and missions. The usual online multiplayer modes return here. The team fight phase, getting the flag, being the last person alive and others. The usual options for fans of the series and what is new here is the “War” mode, the impressions of which we have already shared with you previously on our website.
Call of Duty: WWII strikes a great balance with a game that has what we loved in the old installments and a lot of ideas from the modern installments. It may not be the best game on a technical level, but that’s thanks to the team. The desire to maintain the high frame rate of the game, especially for fans of challenges and group games, with an exciting story and strong content with many twists, is undoubtedly a good step for this series after the decline in recent years.
This game was reviewed using a PS4 review copy provided by the publisher before the game was released.
Pros and Cons of Call of Duty: WWII PC Game
- Return to classic history: The game takes players back to the roots of the Call of Duty series by focusing on World War II, providing a refreshing change from the futuristic settings of recent installments.
- Realistic storytelling: Call of Duty: WWII does a good job of recounting the events of World War II through dates, events, and locations, giving players an immersive experience.
- Varied gameplay: The game offers a greater variety of play styles compared to previous installments, with missions that involve vehicles, espionage, and sequencing, providing players with different ways to approach the game.
- Engaging zombie mode: The zombie mode in Call of Duty: WWII is considered one of the best in the series, offering a fun and entertaining experience with the ability to develop characters and utilize special strikes.
- Immersive audio: The game’s audio design successfully creates the atmosphere of a world war, with realistic sounds of bullets, explosions, and more, enhancing the overall gaming experience.
- Online multiplayer mode: The game’s online multiplayer mode provides a variety of options and missions, including the new “War” mode, offering fans of the series a familiar yet exciting gameplay experience.
- Unimpressive graphics: While the game’s graphics offer a good technical level, they may not be as visually stunning as other shooter games on the market, especially considering the current generation of devices.
- Melee system: The game’s melee system is not as smooth as previous installments, making it less enjoyable and advised against using it.
- Similar aiming sensitivity: The aiming sensitivity in Call of Duty: WWII is not significantly different from previous installments, which may be disappointing for players looking for a fresh experience.
- Technical limitations: The game’s focus on maintaining a high frame rate may have led to some technical limitations, potentially impacting the overall visual quality of the game.
- Previous decline in the series: While Call of Duty: WWII is a step in the right direction, the series has experienced a decline in recent years, which may affect the perception of the game among some players.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Call of Duty: WWII PC Game
1. What is the storyline of Call of Duty: WWII?
The game takes place during World War II and follows the story of the 1st Infantry Division team as they complete missions in various regions of Europe. The game provides historical context and realistic events from the time period.
2. What is the gameplay like in Call of Duty: WWII?
Call of Duty: WWII is a first-person shooter game where players lead a team of fighters. Each team member has a specific role, such as an injury healer or a bullet provider. The game offers a variety of missions, including vehicle-based missions, espionage missions, and sequencing missions.
3. How does the zombie mode work in Call of Duty: WWII?
The zombie mode in Call of Duty: WWII is considered one of the best in the series. Players can develop their characters by increasing their charging ability, strength of attacks, or speed. Special strikes can be unlocked, such as invisibility or doubling the effect of blows. Each character has unique abilities that can be further developed.
4. What are the graphics and audio like in Call of Duty: WWII?
The game offers good graphics, although it may not be the most impressive compared to other shooter games on the market. The audio, however, is highly praised, providing an immersive World War II atmosphere with realistic sounds of bullets, screams, vehicles, and explosions.
5. What multiplayer modes are available in Call of Duty: WWII?
Call of Duty: WWII features a robust online multiplayer mode. Players can choose a classification or level for themselves, with different sections that suit their preferred weapons. The game offers various multiplayer modes, including team fights, capturing the flag, and being the last person alive. The “War” mode is also introduced as a new addition to the series.